Professional English Enrol now
Medicine, nursing, law, engineering, aviation, tourism and hospitality - even political English for a high-ranking Georgian government official, taught on a one-to-one basis (as requested) by a tutor fluent in Russian - over the years OSE has supplied specialist English language courses for people from all professional walks of life.
Everyone has different strengths and weaknesses, and individual needs. Areas covered can include:
- conceptual thinking (the western approach often varies from that in other parts of the world)
- vocabulary, from legal and scientific, to colloquy and debate
- pronunciation of complex words and terms
- forms of address
- writing style in letters and emails
- cross-cultural communication – what is acceptable, and what is not
Our Professional English courses can be taken at any time, for any period: here in Oxford we can draw on a huge supply of outstanding teachers with skills in every area, and we can match the English needs of almost any student, whatever their profession.
In many instances, Professional English courses are requested on a one-to-one basis, but we can just as easily teach a group of students.
Accommodation can be provided in one of our exclusive shared apartments, or alternatively, in homestay.
Please contact us with an idea of your available dates and needs, and we will tell you how we can help you.