English for the Tourism and Hospitality Industry Enrol now
This course combines high-level training in Business Communication with a unique insight into a range of tourism sectors: luxury, city break, language tourism and traditional seaside.
You will investigate service quality and design in Oxford’s top hotels and learn from industry insiders about product development and brand management. You will also stay in a seaside hotel, design a tourist experience and report back verbally and in writing to your fellow-trainees and tutors. Suitable for future managers and entrepreneurs who need a high level of English communication skills, including presentations and report-writing, and a true insight into improving customer experience.
By the end of the course, you will have significantly improved your business communication skills and gained a wealth of knowledge and experience of the UK tourism sector, from small family seaside hotels to historic world class city hotels. You will be able to apply this knowledge in the future to developing home tourism as well as your own career.
Course dates and fees
11-10-2021 « » 22-10-2021
Other dates available by arrangement for groups of a minimum of 8 people.
Fees: GBP 1,390 per person for 2-week package.
Course fees include:
- Travel from airport to Oxford, Oxford to coast, coast to airport
- All accommodation, breakfast and evening meals; light weekend lunches
- All tuition and meetings with tutor and tourism professionals
- Detailed feedback on course work
- All Oxford hotel visits (including one lunch, one afternoon tea, one evening drinks occasion), accompanied by trainer
- You will spend a week in Oxford, staying with a host family, following a course in Tourism and Business Communication and experiencing different aspects of local tourism, including language tourism.
- You will visit Oxford’s top 4* and 5* hotels and experience different kinds of catering and at least one private tour. You will compose and present reports, presentations and reviews of your experiences.
- On Friday you will plan your weekend excursions with your tutor and you will be expected to report back on all aspects of whichever one you choose.
- You will also have a briefing meeting for Week 2, followed by lunch with the Senior Trainer in an Oxford college (Oxford University accommodation and catering also play a part in local tourism).
- On Monday you will travel to the Dorset coast to experience ‘staycation’ tourism in a family-owned group of hotels that mainly cater for UK holidaymakers. This unique experience will reveal a hidden side of UK tourism and hospitality that few foreign visitors are aware of.
- You will meet hotel managers, and learn at first-hand about entrepreunerial project development and brand management.
- You will also engage in a mini-project, investigating and experiencing local tourist attractions and designing a bespoke package. This will help to develop your research and writing skills.
- The hotel experience is accompanied by a senior trainer and includes daily team meetings, full support for all activities and detailed feedback.