ISI Inspection 2021
Excellent in every inspection category!
The Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI) has again awarded Oxford School of English (OSE) the highest grade in every inspection category following their most recent inspection.
The ISI says that OSE exceeds expectations for the quality of education, and marks our school excellent in all 18 inspection categories. OSE has been awarded 'Exceeds expectations' in every inspection since the ISI’s first inspection in 2012.
The ISI inspects more than 1,300 independent schools in England, including Eton, Harrow, Cheltenham Ladies' College and most of the UK's top schools. 80% of all children in independent education in England attend schools inspected by the ISI.
A brief summary of the 2021 ISI report
- The quality of the curriculum, teaching and learners' achievements is excellent
- The assessment of students prior to and upon arrival is excellent
- The suitability of course provision and curriculum is excellent
- The quality of teaching and its impact upon learning are excellent
- Students are highly engaged and suitably challenged throughout lessons
- Attainment and progress are excellent
- Arrangements to ensure health and safety and the security of the premises is excellent
- The standard of the premises is excellent
- Pastoral support is excellent
- Residential accommodation is excellent
- The provision of information is excellent