Travel to the UK
It is surprisingly easy to travel to the UK and to join our school, and many students continue to enrol every week.
The 4 steps are:
- In your own country, take a coronavirus test
- In your own country, book a Travel Test Package in the UK
- In your own country, complete an online Passenger Locator Form
- In the UK, quarantine for 10 days.
1 & 2 You will need to have 3 Coronavirus tests – one in your home country before you leave (in the 3 days before you depart), and two after you have arrived in the UK (the first on day 2, and the second on day 8). The two UK tests (called a Travel Test Package) are very easy to book online, and are taken in your quarantine accommodation. The Travel Test Package costs around £200 (around £100 per test).
3. Before you leave your home country you also need to complete an online Passenger Locator form (in the 48 hours before you arrive in the UK). Again, this is very easy, and you just have to say where you are travelling from and give the reference number for your two UK Coronavirus tests (the Travel Test Package). https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk
4. You will have to quarantine for 10 days after you arrive in the UK, but you can do this in one of our quarantine apartments or in a host family. Our apartments have a large kitchen and seating area and two bedrooms, although you will be there alone (we will do your food shopping for you and deliver it to your door). It may be possible to join our classes online while you are quarantining. You may be able to end your quarantine early by booking another coronavirus test through Test to Release https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control/ending-self-isolation-early-through-test-to-release
You should follow separate guidance if you’ve been in a country where travel to the UK is banned. These countries are sometimes called the 'red list'. See the red list countries. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/transport-measures-to-protect-the-uk-from-variant-strains-of-covid-19
You can see more detailed information on the UK government's website at https://www.gov.uk/uk-border-control?priority-taxon=774cee22-d896-44c1-a611-e3109cce8eae